One of the most important fire protection systems you can install in your Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC building is a fire alarm system.
A fire alarm system is a quick-response method of alerting the occupants in your building of a fire so they can get to safety as quickly as possible. Because fire alarm systems are so important when it comes to keeping your building safe, annual fire alarm system inspections are absolutely essential.
At Guardian Fire Protection, we offer complete fire alarm system services, including:
- Fire alarm repair
- Fire alarm system installation
- Fire alarm system monitoring
- Fire alarm system testing & maintenance
Schedule a consultation for your fire alarm system services, including installations and inspections, by calling (301) 861-0972 or filling out the form to the right.
Fire Alarm Installation, Inspection & Testing Services in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
To ensure their reliability, fire alarm systems must be regularly inspected, tested, and maintained. Guardian Fire Protection, serving Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia, will set up a service program for periodic testing, inspection, and maintenance that conforms to:
- NFPA code requirements
- Local authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs)
- System manufacturer’s recommended inspection and maintenance requirements
- Required annual fire alarm system testing
The Guardian Fire Alarm Inspection Process
During our fire alarm inspection, our trained and experienced technicians will:
- Test the control panel functions to inspect the lamps and LEDs, check fuses, interface equipment, and check the primary power.
- Test smoke detectors by introducing approved aerosol into smoke detector chamber or specific manufacturer recommended methods of performing the proper test and verify the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Clean all smoke detectors with nitrogen.
- Test manual pull stations through a full range of motion and verify the proper signal was received at the alarm panel.
- Test heat detectors with a heat gun and verify proper alarm activation at the fire alarm control panel.
- Test and inspect all audible and visual devices to ensure that they are unobstructed, proper lights activate, and the sound level is above ambient noise levels.
- Random check of circuit supervision to ensure fire alarm panel detects an open circuit.
- Load test stand-by batteries and check auxiliary functions such as door release and damper release.
- Test battery charger.
- Verify the central station monitoring company received the appropriate signals (if a dialer is installed).
- Test remote annunciator to verify it accurately portrays where the alarm exists in the protected premises.
- Test duct detectors and ensure proper unit shutdown, if applicable.
- Check any auxiliary devices that may exist and are listed on the equipment list included in this contract (door holder release, dampers, etc.).
- Test the smoke detectors initially and every other year thereafter, according to NFPA requirements. *This service is not included in this contract unless specifically stated and is offered at an additional fee.
- Test alarm devices located in the elevator shafts (smoke and heat detectors). Note: A representative from the elevator service company is required to be present during inspections to allow access to the shaft and to run the elevator car.
Fire Alarm System Installations
The experts at Guardian Fire Protection can design, install, and program a fire alarm system for all types of standard and special hazard situations. Help improve the safety of your building, employees, and valuables by installing a fire alarm system today.
Why Professional Fire Alarm System Inspections Are Important
Fire alarm systems consist of much more than smoke detectors on the walls or the fire annunciator panel in the front of your building. The whole fire alarm system is much deeper, with many elements kept out of sight. As a result, you might not be able to check every element of your fire alarm system every day. During a routine annual fire alarm system inspection, the various components of your fire alarm system are exercised and tested to make sure they’re all in good working order. This includes all manual pull stations, alert/alarm methods (strobes and horns), smoke and heat detectors, duct detectors, annunciator panels, the main alarm panel, and any communications sub-panels and battery backup supplies.
Having a working fire alarm system installed in your building saves lives. According to the NFPA, fire alarms increase the chance of survival by as much as 50% ! If you want to ensure the safety of your Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC building and employees by having a fire alarm system inspection, call Guardian Fire Protection today!
Call Guardian Fire Protection for Fire Alarm Services
Guardian Fire Protection has over 40 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in the Washington, DC area. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation and will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Guardian Fire Protection is that we are your single source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency lighting
- And more!
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC.