Kitchen Fire Suppression Inspection
When you run a busy restaurant in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, the survival of your business depends on your kitchen fire suppression system’s ability to detect and suppress fires before they get out of hand. Between the grease, the heat, and the fast paced, often crowded working environment, kitchen fires can flare up without warning—and without a reliable kitchen fire suppression system they can be potentially disastrous.
At Guardian Fire Protection, our experts can perform a full kitchen fire suppression system inspection for your commercial kitchen. We can make sure your kitchen is functioning properly and recommend the necessary installations, maintenance, and repairs to make your kitchen as safe as it can be—that’s why top names in the food industry depend on us.
Kitchen Hood Fire Suppression System
These days, cooking in commercial kitchens is more dangerous than ever. Higher efficiency stoves and grills are capable of reaching much higher temperatures, and vegetable-based oils now commonly used for frying get much hotter than animal products and retain their heat much longer. At Guardian Fire Protection, our commercial kitchen hood inspection process is geared toward keeping your Maryland, Virginia, or DC restaurant in operation. If our technician inspects your commercial kitchen hood and finds any deficiencies, we will process the non-compliance information and get you a proposal right away so that you can get back to business as soon as possible.
The Kitchen Hood Inspection Process
Guardian Fire Protection provides total system expertise for all of your kitchen fire suppression needs. Our in-house kitchen fire suppression system experts bring together all the elements you need for fully integrated kitchen hood ventilation and fire protection systems in your commercial kitchen.
During your kitchen fire suppression inspection, our trained professionals will:
- Visually inspect conduit and location of appliance, duct, and plenum nozzles
- Inspect link line and position of detectors
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link
- Test the remote pull station
- Verify electric and gas shuts off when the system is activated
- Replace fusible links and center link housings
- Verify the gauge on pressurized tanks is at the proper level
- Internal inspection of non-pressurized tanks for corrosion
- Examine cylinders to record and verify the hydro test date
- Examine the regulator to record and verify the test dates
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer (this is done at an additional charge)
- Remove and clean nozzles to ensure they are not clogged and replace nozzle caps
- Test all electrical interlocks (electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by local AHJs)
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness
- Record any obvious deficiencies discovered during the inspection
24/7 Emergency Fire Protection Service
We offer our 24-hour emergency service to all of our customers. We take your fire protection very seriously and will respond to your emergency call immediately 365 days a year—around the clock. In the case of a fire emergency in your kitchen, our certified technicians can be there quickly to ensure that your system is properly recharged, your electricity and gas are turned back on, and your restaurant is once again able to serve your customers.
Guardian Fire Protection professionals are ready to support your Maryland, Washington, DC, or Virginia organization’s fire protection systems and service requests 24 hours a day. Call now for more information about commercial kitchen fire inspections.
Kitchen Fire Suppression System Inspections in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC
Guardian Fire Protection has over 30 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for restaurants in the Washington, DC area. Our number one focus is your safety—we want to make sure your employees, property, and guests are safe from the dangers of potential fires. We take pride in our “customer first” reputation, and we will do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Guardian Fire Protection is that we are your single source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of kitchen fire suppression, including:
Located in Maryland, DC, or Virginia and want to learn more? Call us today to speak with one of our experienced fire safety professionals and discover why top names in business and government consistently recommend Guardian Fire Protection.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC.