Fire Extinguisher Repair
Fire extinguishers are essential fire safety tools that play a critical role in protecting your business against fire damages. They are required by most local codes and standards, and they protect you, your property, staff, and guests from fire. As such, it’s vital to ensure your fire extinguishers are always well-maintained, inspected, properly repaired, and in good working order.
Common Signs a Fire Extinguisher Needs Repair
To get the most out of your fire extinguishers’ life spans, keep an eye out for signs that it may need repair, including the following:
- Extinguishers show visible signs of damage (cracking, scrapes, denting)
- Extinguishers are missing important components such as the discharge lever, pin, hose, or pressure gauge
- The extinguisher was recently discharged (which typically requires a fire extinguisher recharge)
Other signs that repairs may be necessary include broken handles, loose components, bent or damaged parts, incorrect gauge readings, a worn or damaged hose, or missing parts.
In many cases, the need for repair can be hard to spot, so make sure you’re scheduling annual professional maintenance for your fire extinguishers.
When To Repair vs. Replace a Fire Extinguisher?
Fire safety is of the utmost importance, so all your fire safety measures must work properly. As such, there’s a point when it’s better to replace a fire extinguisher than repair it. If any of the following criteria apply to one or more of your fire extinguishers, it may be time for a replacement:
- The extinguisher was accidentally discharged
- Missing inspection hangtag or sticker
- The locking pin on the handle is missing or unsealed
- Hose or nozzle is cracked, torn, or blocked with debris
- Visible rust or corrosion on the extinguisher
- The handle is wobbly or broken
- Extinguisher is leaking
Choose Guardian Fire Protection for Your Fire Extinguisher Needs
With over 40 years of experience, our team is highly skilled in fire extinguisher services. We take pride in our customer-first reputation and our commitment to your safety.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC.