Fire Alarm System Inspection
Fire alarms are crucial to any commercial fire protection system. In the event of an emergency, fire alarms help save lives!
Stay up to code with regular fire alarm inspection and testing services. With over 40 years of experience providing advanced fire safety equipment, Guardian Fire Protection can help you and your business stay protected and secure year-round.
Schedule fire alarm inspection and testing services in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, today.
Our Fire Alarm Inspection Process
The experienced fire protection professionals at Guardian Fire Protection can help you ensure your fire alarm is operating as intended, so it will be ready when you need it most.
Our fire alarm inspection process includes:
- Inspecting the control panel
- Verifying the monitoring connection
- Inspecting the annunciator
- Testing the pull stations
- Testing bells
- Testing audible/visual devices
- Testing elevator recall
- Testing door holders
- Test the smoke detectors’ sensitivity settings initially and every other year thereafter, according to NFPA requirements.*
- Testing duct detectors
- Testing thermal detectors
- Testing tamper switches
- Testing flow switches
- Testing ground fault detection circuitry
- Testing for grounded field wiring
- Load testing of the standby batteries
At Guardian Fire Protection, our expert fire alarm inspection technicians’ number one goal is to ensure your fire alarm is fully functional so it will perform properly when needed in an emergency or notify you of faulty devices in your building.
*This service is not included in this contract unless specifically stated and is offered at an additional fee.
Fire Alarm Brands We Inspect
We provide fire alarm inspection for all brands of fire alarms, including:
- Silent Knight
No matter what your Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC fire alarm inspection needs are, go to the fire alarm inspection experts — Guardian Fire Protection.
Contact our fire protection company today at (301) 861-0972.
Call Guardian Fire Protection for Fire Alarm Inspection
Guardian Fire Protection has over 40 years of experience providing complete fire protection services for businesses, organizations, government buildings, and restaurants in the Washington, DC, area. Our primary focus is your safety — we want to make sure your employees, property, and valuables are safe from the dangers of potential fires.
We take pride in our customer-first reputation, and we’ll do whatever it takes to make sure your property and valuables are protected from fire hazards and that your building meets fire safety codes.
The best thing about partnering with Guardian Fire Protection is that we’re your single-source solution for all fire protection services. Our experienced fire safety professionals specialize in all aspects of fire protection, including:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression
- Fire sprinkler systems
- Fire suppression systems
- Fire extinguishers
- Emergency lighting
- And more
Why Inspect Your Fire Alarm?
No matter the type of business you own or manage, a professional fire protection company must inspect, test, and maintain its commercial fire alarm system to comply with National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) standards.
Inspection requirements vary depending on your fire alarm equipment and the rules imposed by local authorities. However, the NFPA standards for quarterly, semiannual, and annual fire alarm inspections always apply.
Scheduling a fire alarm inspection is essential for several reasons, including:
- Compliance: NFPA, state and local agencies, equipment manufacturers, and insurance companies require businesses to routinely inspect and test their fire alarms to keep people safe and avoid penalties and fines. As a working fire alarm system is typically required to secure insurance, routine testing and inspection can help ensure any future claims are covered.
- Prevent false alarms: Flashing lights and blaring sirens without a fire can interrupt business operations and can cause panic. Worse, too many false alarms could make people ignore a real emergency.
- Safety: The most important function of a fire alarm system is keeping employees and visitors safe. It also helps protect business equipment, machinery, and documents.
Our Fire Protection Service Area
We service fire protection equipment for businesses throughout Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC.