How Much Does a Fire Sprinkler System Cost?
No one wants to dwell on the damage a fire can do and what the costs to the owner of a building might be. Depending on your industry and the kind of building you have, you might want to look into fire suppression systems outside of fire extinguishers or alarms. Guardian Fire Protection can help install fire sprinkler systems in your business.
What Does a Fire Sprinkler System Cost?
The price of a fire sprinkler system varies based on the size and type of fire sprinklers you install. In general, here are the costs you can expect:
- $1 to $2 per sprinklered square foot for new construction projects
- $2 to $7 per sprinklered square foot for retrofitting existing homes and businesses
- $2 to $4 per sprinklered square foot for retrofitting high-rise buildings
- Up to $10 per sprinklered square foot for retrofitting historic buildings
Other Factors to Consider That Impact Cost
Your sprinkler installation cost may vary based on these factors:
- Pipe material: Plastic is the most affordable type of piping. Use it wherever possible to keep costs down. In some places, such as the garage or unfinished basement, you may need more expensive copper piping, which will increase the installation cost.
- System features: Most businesses have access to the municipal water supply. This may require you to install a backflow preventer, especially if your system runs on an antifreeze solution. On the other hand, if your building gets water from a well or another private water source, your sprinkler system may require a water storage tank and booster pump. These features add to the overall installation cost.
- System design: Most fire sprinklers use standalone pipes with a dedicated water supply. Others are multipurpose, meaning they combine pipes for domestic use and the fire sprinklers. A standalone system usually costs more than a multipurpose one, at least when installed in new construction projects.
- Lifetime costs: As you calculate the long-term investment required to install a sprinkler system, consider that many insurance companies offer premium discounts for buildings with automatic fire sprinklers. Be sure to factor in these savings to determine the true lifetime cost of the installation.
Schedule Your Fire Sprinkler System Installation in MD, VA & DC
Guardian Fire Protection has been serving the Maryland, Virginia, and DC area for over 30 years. The reason we have been around so long is that we have four core values that we uphold: leadership, dedication, dependability, and focus. We provide our customers with expert knowledge, commitment to safety, and respect for their time. We arrive on time and get the job done on time.
If you’re ready to look closer at installing a fire sprinkler system in your business in Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC, please contact Guardian Fire Protection today. We can provide you with an accurate fire sprinkler estimate so you know what to expect before the installation begins.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here