How can I maintain my sprinkler system?
The most important thing to do to keep your fire sprinkler in good shape is to have it inspected by a Guardian Fire Protection professional once a year. Frequent fire sprinkler inspection will help catch any problems with your system so they don’t prevent it from operating properly in the future. In addition, fire sprinkler system maintenance will usually lower insurance premiums.
In terms of specific do’s and don’ts when it comes to your fire sprinkler:
- Test your fire sprinkler system monthly by opening the test valve and listening for an alarm bell.
- Know the location of the fire sprinkler system shutoff valve.
- Make sure the fire sprinkler system control valve stays open.
- Have your system reevaluated for needed upgrades when:
- Leave the building and contact the fire department as soon as possible after the fire sprinklers go off, even if it looks like the fire has already been put out.
- Paint the sprinklers.
- Damage sprinklers (report any damage immediately).
- Hang objects from any part of the system.
- Obstruct or cover the sprinklers.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here