When you run a busy restaurant in Maryland, Virginia or Washington, DC, the survival of your business depends on your kitchen fire suppression system’s ability to detect and suppress fires before they get out of hand. Between the grease, the heat and the fast paced, often crowded working environment, kitchen fires can flare up without warning – and without a reliable kitchen fire suppression system they can be potentially disastrous. Don’t gamble with the safety of your restaurant, your employees and your guests – call Guardian Fire Protection to install or inspect a kitchen fire suppression system today!
Total Kitchen Hood Fire Suppression System Expertise
These days, cooking in commercial kitchens is more dangerous than ever. Higher efficiency stoves and grills are capable of reaching much higher temperatures, and vegetable-based oils now commonly used for frying get much hotter than animal products and retain their heat much longer. At Guardian Fire Protection, our commercial kitchen hood inspection process is geared toward keeping your Maryland, Virginia or DC restaurant in operation. If our technician inspects your commercial kitchen hood and finds any deficiencies, we will process the non-compliance information and get you a proposal right away so that you can get back to business as soon as possible.
Guardian Fire Protection provides total system expertise for all of your kitchen fire suppression needs. Our in-house kitchen fire suppression system experts bring together all the elements you need for fully integrated kitchen hood ventilation and fire protection systems in your commercial kitchen.
When it comes to commercial kitchen exhaust and ventilation hoods, we do it all – from start to finish. Single source is why the top names in food service and hospitality throughout Maryland, Virginia and Washington, DC depend on Guardian Fire Protection for all of their kitchen fire suppression system needs. Our coordinators schedule your semi-annual commercial kitchen hood inspections at your convenience. We will give you a courtesy call on the working day before your scheduled inspection.
The Kitchen Hood Inspection Process
- Visual inspection of conduit and location of appliance, duct and plenum nozzles.
- Inspection of link line and position of detectors.
- Inspect the automatic actuation of the fire system by cutting a terminal test link.
- Test the remote pull station.
- Verify electric and gas shuts off when the system is activated.
- Replace fusible links and center link housings.
- Verify the gauge on pressurized tanks is at the proper level.
- Internal inspection of non-pressurized tanks for corrosion.
- Examine cylinders to record and verify the hydro test date.
- Examine the regulator to record and verify the test dates.
- Replace system cartridges when required by manufacturer. (For an additional charge.)
- Remove and clean nozzles to ensure they are not clogged. Replace nozzle caps.
- Test all electrical interlocks (electric shut-offs and fan interlock requirements vary by local AHJs).
- Inspect the piping and copper tubing for tightness.
- Record any obvious deficiencies discovered during the inspection.
24-Hour Emergency Service
Our 24-hour emergency service is offered to all of our customers. We take your fire protection very seriously and will respond to your emergency call immediately 365 days a year – around the clock.
Guardian Fire professionals are ready to support your Maryland, Washington, DC or Virginia organization’s fire protection systems and service requests 24 hours a day. Call now for more information about commercial kitchen fire inspections.
(301) 861-0972 | Email Us