Warehouse Inventory Specialist
About the Company
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC., has been an industry leader for fire protection services in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for over 40 years. We are based in Rockville, MD and have an excellent team of nearly 100 employees who are responsible for the design, installation, and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and kitchen hood/duct systems. We have an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Maintaining, Accounting for and Ordering Inventory and Equipment
- Inventory management, tracking and making entries for incoming and outgoing product, timely ordering of material to keep proper stock level on-hand.
- Manage inventory and pull products needed for technicians on a daily basis.
- Keep the warehouse organized and well run at all times.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Warehouse
- Receive and verify deliveries
- Perform minor building/office repairs and maintenance
- Recharging of Fire Extinguishers and System Cylinders (will be trained)
- Manage and enforce the proper maintenance and repair of the vehicle fleet
- Supervise warehouse personnel (1 – 2 employees)
- Experience of 2 to 3 years working in a warehouse/shop in a similar role.
- Driving record with 3 or less points.
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience
- Highly organized, proactive and chooses to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Mechanical experience preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic, motivated to accomplish work goals and ensure the shop functions to meet the demands of our technicians, the business operations and our customers.
- Has perfect attendance and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility.
- Can take on responsibilities and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Capable of heavy lifting (up to 100 pounds).
- Forklift experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- Potential Quarterly Bonuses
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance with company contribution
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Long Term Disability at a discounted group rate
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition reimbursement.
*Guardian Fire Protection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Guardian does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening and driving record. No phone calls please.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $20.00 per hour
The Guardian Fire Protection team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.