Fire Suppression for Hotels in MD, VA & DC
Hotel fire safety is critical for keeping your employees, guests, and property safe from the ravages of fire. Fortunately, Guardian Fire Protection has you covered with fire suppression services for hotels located in Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Learn the fire risks that exist in the hospitality industry as well as the equipment and safety precautions you must take to keep your hotel safe and code compliant.
For more information about fire suppression for hotels, please contact Guardian Fire Protection at (301) 861-0972 or fill out the contact form to the right.
Hotel Fire Risks
According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), about 3,520 hotel and motel fires break out annually, resulting in an average of nine civilian deaths, 120 injuries, and $84 million in property damage.
Cooking equipment is the primary cause of hotel fires (50 percent), a trend that holds true for other buildings with commercial kitchens. Other leading causes of fire include heating equipment (9 percent), clothes dryers (8 percent), smoking materials (8 percent), arson (7 percent), and lighting equipment (5 percent).
Fire Suppression Solutions for Hotels
As a hotel owner or manager, the number one step you can take to protect your hotel from fire is to install and maintain fire suppression equipment. Here are the options available to you:
- Fire sprinkler systems – When installed correctly and serviced regularly, sprinklers can often douse hotel fires before emergency personnel even arrive.
- Fire extinguishers – You need the proper type and number of fire extinguishers to ensure ample coverage for your entire hotel. A quick response from a staff member could be enough to avert a potential disaster.
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression – Since cooking fires are the biggest threat to your hotel, it’s obvious that installing fire suppression in your commercial kitchen can help save lives and limit property damage.
Fire Protection Tips for Hotel Staff
In addition to having fire suppression measures in place in case a fire breaks out, you can make your hotel safer by ensuring your staff members do the following:
- Make sure self-closing doors in stairwells and hallways are never propped open.
- Receive fire extinguisher training.
- Be aware of the hotel’s evacuation plan.
- Keep paths of egress clear to facilitate a speedy evacuation.
- Prohibit smoking in hotel rooms.
- Maintain heating and lighting equipment.
- Implement a contingency plan to ensure fire safety when the hotel hosts large gatherings.
Schedule Fire Suppression Services for Your Hotel in MD, DC, or VA
There’s no better way to ensure the safety and code compliance of your hotel than by working with a fire protection company in MD, DC, and VA. With over 30 years of experience, the team at Guardian Fire Protection is confident we can meet your needs. Trust our certified technicians to design, install, inspect, maintain, repair, and recharge your hotel fire suppression systems on your behalf.
Please contact us to schedule an appointment and discuss your fire suppression needs with us today.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here