Apprentice: Fire Extinguisher – Paid Training Provided
About The Company
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC., is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area for over 40 years. Guardian is based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of nearly 100 employees that are responsible for the design, installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and kitchen hood/duct systems. Guardian has an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
About the Opportunity
Guardian Fire Protection is currently seeking hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is always in high demand and is an essential business that can provide a substantial income with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
As a Fire Extinguisher Apprentice you will be trained and certified to service, inspect and repair fire extinguishers and emergency lighting for established customers on a scheduled basis.
- Have a driver’s license with 3 or less points
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Be knowledgeable of hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc
- Willing to learn and study about different fire extinguishers and other fire equipment in order to pass tests and get certified.
- Must be able to communicate well with customer and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write clearly and detailed on reports regarding service work
- Take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Have excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
Duties (after training)
- Perform inspections, maintenance and installation on fire extinguishers and emergency lighting for established customers on a scheduled basis
- Complete all inspection and service paperwork accurately and in a timely manner
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Maintain van stock quantities of equipment and keep it in a neat and orderly manner and adhere to all safety rules and regulations.
- Quarterly Bonus Potential
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401(k) with a company match
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Personal time
- Paid Holidays
*Guardian Fire Protection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Drug-free work environment. Pre-employment drug screening required. No phone calls please.
Guardian Fire Protection Services, is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.
The Guardian Fire Protection team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.