Careers: Warehouse / Shop Supervisor
About the Company
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area for over 40 years. Guardian is based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of over 100 employees that are responsible for the inspection, repair, and installation of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and kitchen hood/duct systems. Guardian has an extensive customer base with over 20,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to
- Maintaining, Accounting for and Ordering Inventory and Equipment
- Inventory management, tracking and making entries for incoming and outgoing product, timely ordering of material to keep proper stock level on-hand.
- Manage inventory and pull products needed for technicians on a daily basis.
- Keep the warehouse organized and well run at all times.
- Maintain a Clean and Safe Warehouse
- Receive and verify deliveries
- Perform minor building/office repairs and maintenance
- Recharging of Fire Extinguishers and System Cylinders (will be trained)
- Manage and enforce the proper maintenance and repair of the vehicle fleet
- Supervise warehouse personnel (1 – 2 employees)
This is a full-time position.
- Minimum of 4 years experience working in a warehouse/shop in a similar role.
- Highly proactive and chooses to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Strong work ethic, motivated to accomplish work goals and ensure the shop functions to meet the demands of our technicians, the business operations and our customers.
- Has perfect attendance and can be trusted to handle a high level of responsibility.
- Can take on responsibilities and manage priorities with minimal guidance.
- Capable of heavy lifting (up to 50 pounds).
- Forklift experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
We offer flexible benefits and compensation packages that allow our employees to make choices that fit their individual lifestyles. Benefits include 401K with a company match, medical and dental insurance, disability benefits both short and long term, pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care, life insurance, Aflac, paid vacation and personal time, paid holidays, free parking and tuition reimbursement.
*Guardian Fire Protection Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Guardian does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening, and driving record. No phone calls, please.
Posted 1/2018 Valid Through 9/2018
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here