Careers: Fire Alarm Technician
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC., has been an industry leader for fire protection services in the Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC area for over 40 years. We are based in Rockville, MD and have an excellent team of nearly 100 employees who are responsible for the design, installation, and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers, and kitchen hood/duct systems. We have an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. Our company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation, and business acquisitions.
About the Opportunity
Guardian is seeking a Fire Alarm Technician preferably with a minimum of 2 years’ experience and has a NICET I, preferable a NICET certificate. This position requires the ability to service, inspect and repair Fire Alarm systems for established commercial customers on a scheduled basis and must be available for on call rotation.
Salary is per hour and is based on experience and NICET certification.
- Quarterly bonuses.
- Paid 4 hours at the time and half rate for emergency service calls.
- Paid 4 hours at the double time rate for emergency services calls on recognized holidays, in addition to 8 hours of holiday pay at the regular rate.
- All hours worked between 6 pm and 5 am, paid at the time and half rate for every day of the week.
- Testing and Inspecting fire alarm systems in commercial buildings.
- Responding to service requests, diagnose system malfunctions of fire alarms and adjust, repair or replace equipment as needed to bring into compliance.
- Fire Alarm System testing and inspection per NFPA and local code standards.
- Preparing accurate and timely inspection and service reports.
- Advance knowledge of diagnostics and system repair preferred but not required.
- NICET certification preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years hands on experience.
- Experience performing special hazard suppression system inspection and repair a plus but not required (FM200 and Halon).
- Functional knowledge to test and service the following fire alarm brands: Simplex, Notifier and Fire-Lite.
- Valid Driver’s License with 3 or less points.
- Minimum of 3 years driving experience.
- Ability to be available on-call when scheduled.
- Has excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience.
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and dental insurance with company contribution
- Company paid Short term disability
- Company paid Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for health and dependent care
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
* Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening and driving record. No phone calls please.
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
The Guardian Fire Protection team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.