Based in Rockville, Maryland, Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC is the Mid-Atlantic’s premier commercial fire protection company serving 10,000 customers throughout Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC. Confires Fire Protection Service is an affiliated company located in New Jersey and serves the state of New Jersey as well as parts of Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Our companies specialize in all fire protection services, including fire sprinkler systems, fire pumps, fire alarms systems, restaurant kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and emergency exit lighting.
The consolidated companies have revenue exceeding $25 million and are steadily growing through aggressive marketing efforts and acquisition strategies.
We are hiring an experienced Controller that will work closely with the CEO and interact with all levels of management to plan, direct and coordinate the accounting, financial and related business operations for both fire protection companies.
The ideal candidate will have very strong accounting and finance skills and be able to perform all functions of the accounting department and prepare a complete set of financial statements along with being able to learn the fire protection industry and become an integral part of our daily operations. If you are looking for an opportunity to go beyond traditional accounting functions and be an essential part of a growing organization, this is a great opportunity for you.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage and perform ongoing accounting and finance functions with the assistance of an accounting clerk and Accountant in order to properly record all transactions.
- Cash management functions for the companies.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of GAAP including revenue recognition.
- Maintain existing and make recommendations to adjust the internal controls of the company to safeguard its assets, improve its financial reporting and to be compliant with all federal and state reporting requirements.
- Prepare a detailed set of consolidated financial statements on a monthly basis which includes the maintenance of supporting schedules for the G/L accounts.
- An excellent ability to work closely with the CEO to analyze financial results of various operating units and make recommendations for improvement while closely track the results.
- Manage and coordinate the annual audited financial statements, tax returns and 401(k) audit performed by the outside CPA firm including preparation of any required workpapers.
- Oversight to our Business Operations Manager that manages the daily accounts receivable and billing functions. Provide analysis on our aging and billing activities and to develop strategies for improvement in our processes.
- Oversight and assistance to our Human Resources Manager that handles payroll and benefit functions for our staff. Candidate will need to serve as backup for processing of periodic payroll of employees as well as assist in the review of benefit programs.
- Managing the banking relationship including preparation of the required periodic reports.
- Prepare and process payment for all federal, state and local taxes including sales/use taxes, estimated payments and other distributions.
- Assist the CEO in performing the due diligence on acquisition opportunities and integrate the accounting, financial and operational functions of the newly acquired assets.
- Manage multiple staff members directly and indirectly.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be analytical with a strong ability to review business operations, identify potential problems, determine additional data required for analysis, develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Exceptional management and mentoring ability for staff.
- Experience in streamlining accounting, billing and collection processes with the latest technology.
- Experience with a conversion to new accounting software is beneficial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in progressively responsible role leading to Accounting Manager, Assistant Controller or Controller position.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
- Active CPA license is required.
- Experience with Sage100 and Sage Intelligence reporting module software is preferred but not required.
- Familiar with Quickbooks preferred but not required.
We offer a very competitive salary in addition to a profit sharing bonus that will be based on your experience.
- 401K with a company match
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
*Guardian Fire Protection LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Guardian does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
The Guardian Fire Protection team would love to hear from you. Apply by filling out the form below.