Careers: Accountant / Data Analyst
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC. is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area for over 40 years. Guardian is based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of over 100 employees that are responsible for the design, installation, inspection and repair of fire alarm systems, fire sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and emergency lights.
Guardian has an extensive customer base with over 12,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
We are seeking an Accountant with advanced excel experience and data analysis who is looking for a long-term position with growth potential. The ideal candidate will apply their knowledge of principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. This is a salaried position with the potential of quarterly bonuses and will report directly to the Controller and CEO.
Responsibilities will include:
- Utilize data analysis and mass data imports to meet the varying demands of the business. This will involve extensive interactions with each of the companies in the Guardian family.
- Prepare daily reports to review the productivity of our business units.
- Month-end close process, duties include but are not limited to:
Prepare various journal entries
Perform inventory test counts and research material variances
Record, track and reconcile deferred revenue
Prepares Monthly Balance Sheet account analysis
Collects appropriate data and supports the preparation of the monthly financial
Assist controller with other month end analysis and assignments as required
- Record, track and reconcile fixed assets in existing software package
- Prepare and present organized account reconciliations
- Provide pre-audit and audit support
- Assist with conversion of manual inventory controls into an automated system
- Assist the Accounting department as needed
- Work closely with the CEO, General Manager and Controller on special projects
- Assist the CEO in collecting and analyzing financial and operational data from potential acquisition companies
Education or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
Knowledge and Skills:
Must be experienced in Microsoft Excel and savvy with various methods of mining and manipulating data from PDF’s and other software systems. Knowledge on writing basic scripts to pull data is preferred, but not required.
Advanced knowledge using Excel is required.
- Must be very analytical and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Have the ability to extract data and build macros.
- Experience with Sage100 accounting software preferred, but not required.
- Experience with cloud based software systems and integrating software applications with accounting systems
- Capability to develop new procedures that will improve efficiency
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite products such as Word and Outlook required.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, ability to develop alternatives and solutions
- Ability to multi-task and to execute without excess supervision
- Strong organizational skills, effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments
- Excellent at learning and mastering a variety of business software packages
- Ability to work effectively with peers and all levels of management
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Click the button below and download the pdf. Once the pdf form is completed, save and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would prefer to print the application please mail to:
Guardian Fire Protection Services, Attn: Human Resources, 7668 Standish Place, Rockville, MD 20855 Or fax to 301-591-4294
Please send resume, including salary history and salary requirements in Word Format along with completed application
*Guardian Fire Protection is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here