Commercial Fire Suppression in MD, DC & VA
Do you rely on expensive technology or sensitive equipment to operate your business? Perhaps your focus lies in preserving irreplaceable artifacts and documentation. Whatever the case, when ordinary fire sprinklers won’t do the job, you need commercial fire suppression to protect your assets.
Guardian Fire Protection serves Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, DC with a broad range of commercial fire suppression solutions designed to handle various special hazards. We strive to ensure your total compliance with NFPA 17, NFPA 96, and any other relevant regulations.
For more information about keeping your valuable assets safe from fire, please contact Guardian Fire Protection at (301) 861-0972 or fill out the contact form to the right.
Who Needs Commercial Fire Suppression?
If your business contains collectible items, mission-critical electronics, or other delicate assets that could be damaged by water, a commercial fire suppression system is ideal. This is also the best option if the types of fires liable to ignite in your building only spread when water enters the picture. Examples of businesses that need commercial fire suppression include:
- Server rooms and IT centers
- Museums and archive storage rooms
- Historical sites
- Restaurants and other properties with commercial kitchens
- Chemical plants, printing presses, and other industrial settings
- Airplane hangars
- Spray paint and auto body shops
- Hazardous material storage areas
Types of Commercial Fire Suppression
Guardian Fire Protection partners with top fire suppression brands, including Ansul, Pyro-Chem, Kidde, and others. These manufacturers produce different types of systems designed to protect against specific hazards. The main categories of extinguishing agents used in commercial fire suppression include:
- Wet chemicals – Comprised primarily of potassium acetate, and sometimes potassium citrate or potassium bicarbonate, wet chemical suppression is ideal for extinguishing grease fires in commercial kitchens.
- Dry chemicals – Areas containing flammable liquids or hazardous materials benefit from dry chemical suppression, which includes sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, or monoammonium phosphate. These non-conductive chemicals are safe to use around live electronic equipment.
- Clean agents – FM-200, CO2, Halon, foam, and Inergen are all examples of clean agents. They safeguard critical assets without leaving water, chemicals, or residue behind.
Our Commercial Fire Suppression Services in MD, DC & VA
Our experienced technicians perform end-to-end fire suppression services. Whether you’re installing a new system or upgrading your existing one, we have you covered. Our services include, but aren’t limited to, the following:
- System design using CAD drawings
- Planning, permitting, and approvals
- Custom ductwork fabrication
- On-site installation
- Final inspections and testing before the system goes live
- Ongoing annual maintenance
- Repair and recharge services as needed
Schedule Commercial Fire Suppression Services in MD, DC, or VA
After over 30 years in business, Guardian Fire Protection has built a reputation for meeting our customers’ needs first. We do everything in our power to make your building as safe and code compliant as possible. Trust our certified team to help you design, install, inspect, maintain, repair, and recharge your commercial fire suppression system.
If you think your business could benefit from fire suppression, please contact us and schedule a consultation today.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here