Fire Protection for Hospitals in Maryland
As a Maryland hospital manager, your number one priority is to keep your patients and staff safe. In addition to ensuring quality medical care, you must also take fire risks seriously. Do you have the necessary fire protection systems and safety protocols in place? If you’re not sure what your healthcare facility requires, take the time to learn about hospital fire risks and how to mitigate them.
Hospital Fire Statistics
On average, 5,650 hospital fires break out annually, states the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA). Each year, these fires result in four civilian deaths, 160 injuries, and $45 million in property damage. Nearly two-thirds of all healthcare facility fires start in the kitchen. Electrical and heating equipment are two other leading causes of hospital fires.
Defend Your Maryland Hospital Against Fire
Every healthcare facility in Maryland needs fire protection equipment to extinguish blazes quickly and alert building occupants to evacuate in an emergency. Guardian Fire Protection can install, inspect, maintain, repair, and replace the following equipment in your Maryland hospital:
- Commercial kitchen fire suppression systems: These are a must for protecting against cooking fires, the most common fire risk in healthcare facilities.
- Fire extinguishers: Give your staff the ability to put out small flames before the flames cause a real threat.
- Fire alarms: Detecting smoke and alerting patients and staff members of the emergency are critical for hospital fire safety.
- Emergency lights: In the case of a power outage, battery-backup lighting and signage help maintain an orderly evacuation.
- Sprinkler systems: Nothing beats the 24/7 protection of automatic fire sprinklers.
Implement Fire Safety Protocols in Your Maryland Hospital
The two most important fire safety protocols include:
- Ensuring every doctor, nurse, receptionist, and janitor knows how to use a fire extinguisher
- Establishing an evacuation plan with help from a fire protection company
With these two protocols in place, you help assure your staff’s confidence against small fires and secure the safety of everyone attempting to escape the building. We can provide fire extinguisher training and evacuation planning to make your hospital safe and code-compliant.
We Offer Fire Protection Services for Maryland Hospitals
Guardian Fire Protection is your one-stop-shop for everything related to fire protection. We install fire alarms, refill extinguishers, inspect fire pumps, and perform anything else your healthcare facility needs.
To learn more about our comprehensive fire protection services, please contact us online or call our experts at 301-861-0972 today.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here