Trainee: Alarm Technician
About The Company
Guardian Fire Protection Services, LLC. is a leader in the industry for providing fire protection services to the Maryland, Virginia and Washington DC area for over 30 years. Guardian is based in Rockville, MD and has an excellent team of over 100 employees that are responsible for the design, installation and inspection of fire alarms, sprinkler systems, kitchen fire suppression systems, fire extinguishers and kitchen hood/duct systems. Guardian has an extensive customer base with over 10,000 fire systems that we perform recurring inspection and repair services throughout the region. The company is continually growing through its internal sales and marketing activities, strong reputation and business acquisitions.
About the Opportunity
Guardian Fire Protection is currently hiring trainees for the Alarm division. This is a great opportunity to learn a growing and in demand trade. Guardian will train you to become a licensed, certified Fire Alarm Technician.
We are looking for hard working and hands-on individuals that want to learn a new trade in the fire protection industry. The fire protection industry is in high demand and it can be a long term career that can provide income in excess of $60,000 per year with training, certification and years of quality hard work.
- Must have a drivers license with 3 or less points
- Must be knowledgeable of hand tools such as pipe wrenches, channel locks, drills, etc – Electrical Experience A+
- Must be able to work nights and weekends for occasional emergency services.
- Must be willing to learn and study about the different fire alarm systems in order to pass tests and become certified.
- Must take initiative, pursue opportunities, and tackle goals.
- Must have an excellent attendance and can handle responsibility.
- High School Diploma required.
- Must be able to communicate well with customers and explain the work being done and any repairs that are necessary.
- Must be able to write well and be very detailed in your write up on service work.
- Must be well organized and be able to keep track of service tickets and process all required documents for each service performed.
- 401K with a company match
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Company paid Short and Long Term Disability
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Pre-tax accounts for Health and Dependent care
- Vacation and Personal time
- Paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
Please email resume along with salary history and salary requirement in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Alarm Trainee” in the subject field.
*Guardian Fire Protection LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Guardian does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, creed, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, a Pre-employment drug screening, and driving record. No phone calls please.
Providing faster, smarter, and more efficient fire protectionLearn more here